How to Use Feng Shui to Get a Job

Get out and meet people!

QUESTION: I was recently laid off from a high-tech company. Can you give me any tips on improving my chances of finding a job?

ANSWER: Here is a quick list of ideas that may help the big picture…

1. Clear clutter – create space for a new job to enter….do not let that box of junk from your old desk sit there and wait for a new office….put it all away. And when you need it again, pack it up neatly and off you go. Clean your car too if it gets you to work.

2. Shine up the front door by washing it, oiling the hinges, and perhaps adding a new welcome mat, chime, or potted plant.

3. Add water element near the front door, either just inside or just outside with the intention of getting you in the flow of a good job.

4. Add red in your life. Red activates, so this may help you stay in action looking for a job and avoid the couch potato syndrome. A new red tee shirt or undies can go a long way here with the right intention.

5. Enhance the fame and reputation gua of the house AND EACH ROOM to double up on getting the spotlight on you. That would be the center back area of the home and each room from where you enter the home or room. Make a conscious effort to clean here and add the fire element (red stuff, candles, sun, fire, stars, etc.) or symbols of your fame (your picture, any awards, diplomas, etc) to any of these spots to attract that special job. Just keeping a small light on in this gua for 9 or 27 days can help.

6. It can’t hurt to get the helpful people box involved here. Take a small silver box (or envelope) and place it in the front right-hand area of the home with the intention of bringing the right help your way to find a job. Write down anybody’s name that can help you or a simple affirmation (like “I am now happily employed by the perfect company for me.”) and place it in the box.

7. If you want a more ritualistic cure, make it a point to meet 9 new people each day for 27 consecutive days…..introduce yourself to the cashier at the supermarket if you have to, but do it and you will see that special job come your way.

56 Comments

• swamy April 12, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I bought Karen’s book last year, but barely used the information mentioned in this book. I added water into my career area, and was able to get a job. Also put the name of the manager of the company I interviewed days before in helpful people section. Viola, I got a call with an offer from the same manager. I was unemployed for two months before I did this. After few months into job, I ignored and removed water from the career section. I lost that job. I was unemployed again for 3 months. I was attending many interviews, but no job offers. One day just glanced this book for career area, I realized my mistake and put the water again in my career area. Within ten days I got two offers.

Now I need to enhance my career and take it next level.

I am reading and adding feng shui principles in this book to more areas like prosperity, fame and health both at my house and my cubicle.

• Sue November 4, 2011 at 8:07 am

Dear,

I am referring to the 6 th point mentioned

Please advise what do you mean by right hand area of the home..

• Karen November 4, 2011 at 11:48 pm

When standing in the threshold of the front door, looking into your home, it would be the part of the home straight to your right as far as the house goes…so the front right hand part of the house based upon where you enter the door.

• Cris January 3, 2012 at 10:42 pm

My husband has been unemployed for over 6months. So im trying to enforce Feng shui. What if my right hand corner is my garage. It is not that cluttered. I also have a fountain by the front door. Please advice.
    Thanks, Cris

• Karen January 3, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Unfortunately, the garage counts. so good for you for having it decluttered. Work that space in each room if you have to to make up for any lacks in the house’s bagua. :)

• jalaja ravindran February 8, 2012 at 4:25 am

My husband is unemployed at the moment. He is never able to stick to any job. Whatever he tries, he is unsuccessful. Kindly help. Thanks

• lalit March 29, 2012 at 7:53 am

i have lost my job last 6 months i am unemployed tell me some immediate tips which will work for getting me a new job

the tips should be very effective and quick

• Karen March 29, 2012 at 8:11 am

Well, I think you may need to work on the front left-hand part of your home by possibly placing a symbol of a “wise” person or possibly some earth element (like a plant in dirt) because THOSE ARE the quick tips…:) Don’t believe me? Try them wtih an anticipating attitude and see! If you do it with a “this won’t do it” attitude you’ll get that outcome too so watch it!

• Rachael C May 1, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Ok so my ex husband locked me out over 2yrs ago and since then having to move 3hrs back North towards family I have had a rough time keeping a job held down. I am very employable, have various backgrounds i can work in, went to school for business and marketing, but have worked as a bank teller and collections and sales….. I have 2 young boys i have struggled to find the perfect fit and stay there… I started using Feng Shui and began to see changes… but please I beg of you to assist me to help my family and my stress. i have a new job but they are having technical problems out of my control with their software that is prohibiting my sales and they lied to me about my rate of pay, being pushed out it feels… what can i do, sorry so long…

• Karen May 2, 2012 at 9:36 am

The easiest way to figure out what you need to do is to read my book Move Your Stuff Change Your Life. Here is the link for the English version: http://www.karenrauchcarter.com/products/move-your-stuff-change-your-life-english/ ANd here is the link for the Spanish version: http://www.karenrauchcarter.com/products/move-your-stuff-change-your-life-spanish/
    Without knowing what you’ve got , it is kind of hard on my end to give you specifics. I would, however, start to write down each day how your perfect day would go if you could live it…that way, the energies will start to align more with that then with the thoughts of being lied to etc. Write is like you would write a diary…”today, I woke up knowing I had an awesome job to go ot! One that paid me well and treated me fairly…” Good luck my friend.

• Priya May 5, 2012 at 5:04 am

Hi Karen,
    I worked for 10 years in the profile of not that much promising. Now i am happy that i have find out my passion.I quit my corporate job 4 months before. I would like to enhance my job oppurtunities and like to become World class trainer.Same way i have to balance my personal life too. Pl advice me on how to enhance the chance of trainer job… as all my ex-colleagues / friends are telling me not to change my profile. But my heart says to go for it.
    Pl advice….

• Karen May 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Energy follows thought, and if your thoughts are that your heart wants to go for it, then I think you should follow it!

• Rachael May 6, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Ok back again and thank you for your valuable input I have applied everything you have mentioned thus far… my biggest fear/concern is what I have heard about with the staircase you look at right when you open your front door…. I have a new townhome which I love the location and layout and i am the middle unit in a triplex… and my right hand corner is literally my door opening to my upward staircase and to the left is my open living room…. decluttered… I am positive I added a water element and a silver box with my note… what do i do with a splace layed out like this? Please and Thank You

• Karen May 6, 2012 at 9:20 pm

http://www.karenrauchcarter.com/consulting/telephone-and-videoconference-consulting/ well, if I knew more I could give you more so here is the link to my telephone consultation service, but a standard cure would to to use the color red or hang a crustal between door and first step.

• Karen May 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I’d suggest my “Feng Shui Your Mindset” coaching series for him. Sounds like he’s got beliefs that are not working for him: http://www.karenrauchcarter.com/consulting/feng-shui-your-mindset-telephone-consultation/

• Claudia May 15, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I have a window in almost all my rooms in the fame and reputation area. What should I do?

• Karen May 15, 2012 at 5:48 pm

If you see weakness in that area of life (I don’t fix what isn’t broken in your life!) then I would take the color red – like this tape that I use: http://www.karenrauchcarter.com/products/red-tape/ and run it on top of the moulding or behind the curtain valance (in other words you can hide it!) WITH INTENTIONS of stopping your chi from exiting the room.

• Faredoon May 25, 2012 at 6:03 am

Can you help me please I am jobless since last 14 months. i have been giving interviews but I am not getting the job. All my investments are finished I am the only bread earner. I want the job which gives me a handsome packing, fame and Designation. I have 22 years of experience.

• Karen May 25, 2012 at 7:28 am

Did you do the things I suggested on the list?

• Reshmi June 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Hi Karen,

How are you ? i am Reshmi my husband lost his job after 4 months of marriage and he unemployed for more than 3 years now i am only earning member. inbetween this 3 years he got a job and worked only for 6 months. i wanted to place the envelope but our right hand side is a wall. what to do ? and the gua of the house is the entrance of house and every room is it ? i dint get ‘center back area of the home and each room’ please please help me. i wud like to light a candle in the gua for 9 days.. is there a particular time to light it or just placing a candle wud do?

Thanks Regards
    Reshmi

• Karen June 11, 2012 at 8:30 am

It does not have to be THE CORNER , but anywhere in the front right hand area of the room or the house. (Either on will do.) And since it is a metal element, I’d not burn a candle there but instead burn it in the back center part of your home where fire rules.

• Claudia June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Hello Karen,
    What do you mean about keeping the light in the fame and reputation area for 9 days. I love your book. I been without a job for about 4 months put in over 70 applications and nothing. I placed a small fountain inside my front door and wala I got my first call in an hour and the second call the next day. 2 interviews in two days. I havent been called back for a second interview but I was happy just getting the calls quickly after applying my cure. I am sure that i just need to focus on my fame and reputation area.

• shyam June 16, 2012 at 4:58 am

Dear sir/madam,

I am a graduate unable to get a job not stable in any job permanently and the atmosphere and
    situations I face also are same. please advise me to find a better permenent job

yours faithfully

shyam

• Karen June 17, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Earth element and weighted or “sill” cures specifically placed would probably be your best bet.

• Julie June 20, 2012 at 12:19 pm

My unemployment has run out and I am facing foreclosure. Am getting interviews, but not the offers to go with them. Any suggestions you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
    Thanks greatly!

• Karen June 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I’m still sticking with the items I suggested in the blog post!

• Sapra July 19, 2012 at 12:56 am

Hi Karen

Currently I am unemployed for 6 months and are not able to find job. I have place water fountain in north area… Please advice

• Karen July 23, 2012 at 2:03 pm

If you are going by cardinal directions for your cures, you are using a different style of feng shui than I usually talk about here. My advice is to choose one style and stick with it for best results. :)Probably using “Flying Stars” style if you don’t know that you are using a different style…

• Alla July 25, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Dear Karen,

Many thanks for your book, I’m so glad to have discovered it – it’s so informative and fun to read!

You advise to enhance the Fame and Reputation area of not only house, but of each room. How could I do it in the room which takes up the Career as well as Skills and Knowledge guas of the house? I mean the element for the Career gua is water and I made sure it prevails there (in this whole room). If I start enhancing the smaller Fame area in this room with fire element, it will be doused by the water of the Career gua of the house. Is it not enough to just work with the bigger bagua- the one of the total house?

Just one more question. In your book you advise to have no more than 3 names in the silver box in the Helpful People area at any given time. What if there are 3 people in my family and we are all going through a decisive period now – we all need help from people at this very time. Can we put 3 names each? Or can we put 3 silvery boxes with up to 3 names there?

Many thanks in advance Karen and have a nice day.

Alla

• Karen July 26, 2012 at 11:18 am

Your intentions make the difference when placing items in guas for rooms and house…they will not interfere “IF they know” what bagua they are pertaining to…and sure, each one of you could have your own HP box for you individual needs. :)

• Mini September 8, 2012 at 3:31 am

right hand sid of my front door is wall..pls help

• MeghaS September 20, 2012 at 7:39 am

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your advice. It helped me immensely.

I just wanted to know if we should discard the silver envelope (with the affirmation note in it), once we find the job – or should we continue keeping it?

Will appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Warm regards,
    Megha

• Karen September 20, 2012 at 8:02 am

Feel free to reuse it!

• Karen September 24, 2012 at 3:04 pm

You just happen to be entering into the helpful people gua itself…the ENTIRE 1/9th of the home or room is the helpful people gua, so stop thinking of it as the EXACT CORNER where two walls come together…change your perspective to the whole one ninth, OK?

• Claudia September 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Hi Karen,
    I have a question. I been unemployed for 6 moths and i have added the cures mentioned above. Part of my carrer bagua is my stairs case and part of it is in the pantry.In the pantry I added a green and black contact paper on one of the shelfs becuase of my square tiles. My question is I have a toddler at home so I do have two gates on the staircase and one in my hall leading to the stairs. Do you think these gates are blocking my energy. I am in desperate need of help.

• Claudia September 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I forgot to mention I have picture of my kids on the wall leading upstairs and on the wall in the hallway.

• Karen September 28, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Well, everything depends on how it feels, how you interact with it, etc. so I’m not 100% sure, but I have seen people have temporary things like that and not be too negatively affected…hope that helps. Sorry to not be more help…just need more info which, unfortunately, this is not the venue for…work each room and make sure front door area inside and out is “the happiest place on earth!”

• Sumit December 23, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Hi Karen,

I am a Marketing professional and iam unemployes right now. I have found lot of jobs and i have given lots of interviews but nothing going in positive direction . pls tel what can i do to get the job i wanted and that to quickly.

Thanks!

• Karen January 3, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Do the things in the blog post and also write each day how your day goes as if you are in the perfect job- all the while feeling it in your body like it is true what you are writing. That’s a start anyway. You must practice feeling confident – about 3 times a day minimum – to build proper energies that will work for you. Turn on your imagination and FEEL IT!

• Chrisi January 3, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Hi Karen, Just reading this and you suggest placing a picture of a wise person, or plant with dirt on the front left hand corner of the house. Unfortunately it is a wall to my bedroom. Is it okay to place the plant outside the entrance door on the left hand corner

• Karen January 3, 2013 at 9:36 pm

When I say CORNER, I mean the front left one ninth of your house – not the exact teeny corner, ok? :)

• vs January 15, 2013 at 7:05 am

Hi,
    Please don’t publish my mail.

I am jobless for last two years. Though technically qualified, I had to leave the job for personal reasons. till now, I could not re join. my dob is 27.051966 and I live in east facing flat.I have put water plants and lucky bamboo in the right (while looking out of the house) in the front room window. could you please help me?

• Karen January 15, 2013 at 8:39 am

I would suggest working with a consultant who specializes in Flying Stars style feng shui if you wish to use the directions and birth date information. There are several styles of feng shui – some use directions and some don’t. So, take note of that and make changes accordingly.
    MY, quick turnaround non-compass style tip today would be to do the things I suggest in the blog post and to find some charity organization that literally goes out and feeds people (as in gives food to people in a park or something like that) and start donating your time “in the field” feeding people – like, at LEAST once a week. Don’t give money, give your time, arms and legs and actually feed people. This is one of the fastest ways to build good karma, build personal chi and merit AND stop the chronic negative thinking about your job situation.

Please report back. You will see a shift in less than 45 days I predict. :)

• Gail McD February 1, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hi Karen,

I have been off work for 2 years as l had an accident at work, Now l am ready and well enough to return to work unfortunatly my employer does not want me back, as l am a risk, so l have to find another work place. Can you advise me what l need to do to help attract the right employer to me and another job. I have recently sold my home and have bough back in my home town which is where l will stay permantly. Thankyou for your time reading this letter
    Kind regards
    Gail mcD .

• Karen February 3, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Without additional information, I’d say to follow all the advice in this post and replies! You can do it if you believe you can!!

• faris February 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Hi karen.i have been trying to go to US since more than a year now but everytime some problem turns up so i decided to stay back and look for some good jobs.i have applied at a lot of places but nothing helped can u please advice on what to do

• Karen February 25, 2013 at 8:49 am

Have you done all the things I recommend on this list? I get this questions a lot and no one has ever said that they did all these things first! Let me know!

• Sisira March 1, 2013 at 8:24 pm

After 20 years of work I have opted for voluntary retirement offered by my former employer.There after I was not employed for long time.Though I found a new place few months back the employment is not secure. What advice you could provide?

• Karen March 1, 2013 at 9:23 pm

If you are looking for feng shui advice, find someone in your neighborhood who practices feng shui and have them over! I do telephone consultations, but if there’s someone local, and you’ve heard they get results, that’s a good bet!

• Appes April 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Hi Karan when you say right hand side of the door does it mean while entering the door or while going out. Pls help.
    Appes