For weight loss:
- Avoid seeing the kitchen from the front door. If you have this condition, try to create an eye-catching view in another direction when walking in to attract your focus in that direction. (A couple of ideas are to add saloon doors or those cloth entry hangings that Japanese restaurants use at their doors.)
- Using a black tablecloth or placemats on the table can often defer eating.
- Place black or blue near, around or on the refrigerator.
- De-clutter. Dig into places you’ve been avoiding forever. The mere act of cleaning out stuff of weight in the home can indeed affect the weight of the person doing the cleaning!
- Pray before eating. If you are not into praying, then stop and think and do some intending prior to eating. Visualize that the food you need to nourish your body will remain within it and the food that is not necessary either remain on the plate or visualize that it simply pass through and not stick around on and in your body. Being conscious in the moments before eating can set up a positive spiral that stays throughout the meal and then perhaps even long after.
For waking up the body for spring and the activities that go with it:
- Use mirrors in your home to activate your body and get it moving! Maybe you can keep yourself moving right past the snack cabinet! If you’ve ever been in a gym, think about how many mirrors they have inside. Now, think of what it would feel like if the mirrors weren’t there. Just another sweaty-smelling, sleepy room with a bunch of metal in it.
- The color red is an activating color. Placing red in your surroundings with the intention of keeping your body and energy activated can be beneficial this time of year as well.